August and September classes are made possible by a grant from the Bishop Foundation. For more resources, please visit www.lclibs.org/adults/fitt
Cut the (Cable) Cord. You can save so much money by eliminating traditional cable services. Streaming services are the modern way to watch the programs you want at a lower cost, but the choices can be overwhelming. We’ll sort out what you’ll need to know to “cut the cord”! Registration is requested; call the host library to reserve your seat!
- Wednesday, September 6 at 6:30PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
Google Drive. Learn how to use Google Drive as a free alternative to Microsoft to organize your life! Whether or not you’re familiar with Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, you’ll learn the Google Drive equivalent. Share files among family members or business colleagues! In part two, class participants will implement what we’ve learned in a hands-on work session. Participants may wish to bring their own device to class to use.
- Part 2- Wed., Aug. 2 at 6:30PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Part 1- Thursday, Aug. 31 at 6:30PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
Job Searching in a Digital Age. Get help finding work in a digital age: searches, online applications, emailing and uploading resumes.
- Thursday, August 10 at 6:30PM. Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939.
- Wednesday, August 23 at 1PM. Matthews Public Library. 717-865-5523.
- Tuesday, September 5 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
Setup Shop in Etsy! Learn how to sell your art, crafts, and supplies on Etsy! We’ll cover how to open and manage your own shop, take pictures of your items to sell, and work out shipping fees and payment methods! Participants may wish to bring their own device to class to use.
- Tuesday, August 15 at 6:30PM. Annville Free Library. 717-867-1802.
- Monday, August 28 at 6:30PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
- Wednesday, September 13 at 6:30PM. Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347.
- Monday, September 25 at 6:30PM. Myerstown Community Library. 717-866-2800.
Tech Help Sessions. Bring your questions and/or gadgets to the library computer centers. Basic computer literacy skills are supported. Call the host library to sign up for a half-hour time slot.
- Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624. Mondays between 10AM-2PM in Aug. & Sept. (except Sept. 4).
- Palmyra Public Library. 717-838-1347. Wed. Sept. 20 between 3:30-7:30PM.
- Richland Community Library. 717-866-4939. Tues. Sept. 26 between 3:30-7:30PM
Windows 10. Bring your laptop and learn what is new in Windows 10 versus earlier Operating Systems Windows 7 and 8. Learn how to use the new Internet browser Microsoft Edge and other Windows 10 programs. Call the library to register today!
- Tuesday, September 12 at 6:30PM. Lebanon Community Library. 717-273-7624.
*Look for these classes in the fall: Facebook for Small Businesses, HootSuite, and more!*